LEO:

Hey, so how did you two meet?

嗨,你们两个是怎么认识的?
EMMA:

Oh, we've been friends since school. You?

我们在学校的时候就已经是朋友了。 你?
LEO:

Since university. We were flatmates.

从大学开始。 我们是室友。
EMMA:

So, what do you do now? I mean, do you work, or study?

你现在在做什么? 我的意思是,在工作还是在读书?
LEO:

I'm thinking about becoming a chef.

我想成为一名厨师。
EMMA:

Well dinner tonight was amazing. You're a really good cook.

今晚的晚餐很不错。 你真的是一个很好的厨师。
LEO:

I appreciate good food. But, saving some money, trying to figure things out.

我喜欢美味的食物。 但是,我喜欢节俭,想办法解决问题。
EMMA0:

So am I, I've been looking for a job for over a month now. And I still don't know what I want to do. I mean, I'd like to do something that helps people I'm just not sure what. I don't know. My parents paid for all my education so I feel like I should get a real job now.

我也是,所以我找工作已经找了一个多月了。 我还是不知道我想做什么。 我想做些能够帮助到别人的事,不过我还没有想好。 我不知道。 我的父母为我的教育支付了所有的费用,所以现在想找一份好的工作。
EMMA1:

Do you know what I mean?

你明白我的意思吗?
LEO:

You can work somewhere for a while, save money. Then volunteer or travel or something like that.

你可以在一个地方工作一段时间,可以省钱。 然后做志愿者或者去旅行。
EMMA:

I don't know. I feel like I should be responsible.

我不知道。 我觉得我应该有责任感。
LEO:

Nah. I mean, you don't have to find the perfect job now. A job doesn't define you.

不行。 我觉得,你现在不必找一份最好的工作。 一份工作并不能诠释你的能力。
EMMA:

Well I at least want to do something I like, like to help people.

至少我想做一些我喜欢的事,希望能帮助到别人。
LEO:

I guess the most important thing is that you do what you want to do.

我想最重要的就是,你可以做你想做的事。