KATE:

OK, yes, let's do that, shall we? Alright then. Bye. May I help you?

好,我们开始吧,怎么样? 那好吧。 再见。 有什么能帮你吗?
CUSTOMER:

Yes, when I was in here last week, you sold me this scarf. And now, look at it. It's ruined. I'd like a refund, please.

恩,我上个礼拜在这里的时候,你卖给了我这条围巾。 现在呢,你看看。 坏掉了。 我想退款。
KATE:

Oh my, what happened here?

天呐,这里怎么回事?
CUSTOMER:

I'd worn it a couple of times. After I washed it. it looked like this.

我只穿了几次。 我洗过之后...就变成这样了。
KATE:

So you put it in the washing machine? It should be washed by hand or you should have it dry cleaned.

你把它放在洗衣机里洗了? 这个应该手洗或者干洗。
CUSTOMER:

Well I suppose you should have told me that before I purchased it.

我觉得你应该在我买之前就告诉我。
KATE:

OK. Have you got the receipt?

好...你有发票吗?
CUSTOMER:

Yes, of course I've got the receipt.

当然,我有发票的。
KATE:

OK. Follow me, please. I'm sorry, but we do have a fourteen day return policy. I'm afraid you bought this scarf nearly three weeks ago.

好的。 跟我来吧。 很抱歉,但是我们有14天退款规定。 恐怕你这条围巾是3个多星期前买的了吧。
CUSTOMER:

This is ridiculous. Do you mean to tell me that I can't get my money back?

太荒谬了...你的意思是我拿不回我的钱了吗?
KATE:

Sorry, it's store policy.

很抱歉,这是我们商店的规定。
CUSTOMER:

You should tell customers the policy before they buy something.

你们应该在顾客购买东西之前就告知你们的规定。
KATE:

It is posted by the till, madam.

这位女士,这个规定在收银台那里贴着的。
CUSTOMER:

Who's going to look at that? I want to speak to the manager, please.

谁会去看它啊? 我要见你们经理。